Monday 15 September 2014

NEW BIRTH

     
   In 2010, I went for a beauty pageant representing my university out of 50 other universities in Nigeria. I wasn’t saved, I was deep in the world and so filthy. I thought it was like every other pageant but I was wrong. I got to camp and it was more like a Church conference. Lol. I felt I was in the wrong gathering and could not believe I will be there for the next 3 weeks. Every morning, afternoon and evening, we were fed daily with the word of God, we had fasting and prayers session, we had deliverance session, praise and worship, I mean EVERYTHING Christians and believers do. One day, the organizer of the pageant called me for counseling and told me am holding back something in my life and told me how I can never move forward in life until I release forgiveness to a man that sexually harassed me when I was a little girl, I sat there thinking, “how can I do that? Forgive? Not me! I want to kill him when I find him, you can’t tell me who to forgive or not”. I was so broken, I cried and wept. He told me how unforgiveness is a destiny killer and so much. I got on my knees after resisting for long and he prayed with me. Yes I forgave him and I felt so light and so peaceful. The next day, during one of the Bible studies session. He made an alter call, I went out there and surrendered myself to God, begged Him to heal me of all my demons and cleanse me of all my sins. I was made whole. I could not wait to get home and tell everyone how I have found the One that has saved me, picked me up, cleaned me and still call me His own. Ha! I didn’t want the crown anymore because I had the BEST gift, the gift of SALVATION. I quickly called my mother and begged her not to be upset if I don’t win anymore because I have gotten more than the crown. Little did I know that this is just the beginning of a new life for me.  The final day came, my family travelled to come watch their daughter perform, all I was fixed at was itching to go home and enjoy my freedom. The contest started, I made it to Top 10 out of the 50. I could not believe it, I was thanking God on stage (because, I was the 1st in my university to make the Top 10 in this 4th edition). So I felt fulfilled and happy. From the Top 10, I was called to the top 5. Was so surprised! The strength, wisdom, boldness and confidence I had that night, it was like I had another person living in me and doing all the work. I.e. the Holy Spirit. It was time to announce the winners after our talent performances, the runner ups were called out leaving me and 1 other contestant, I was on stage but my mind was not there, I was busy thinking of my new birth when I heard the other lady being called as the 1st runner up and everyone was screaming and running towards me, I wondered and looked! I WAS THE WINNER!!! I WON! I REALLY WON!!! I WAS THE CROWN QUEEN!!!
I broke down crying, out of 50 beautiful and intelligent girls, God’s grace was upon me. Not by my power, nor my might, but by the Spirit of God. It didn’t end there, I had to tour round Africa, I met and dinned with Presidents, Senators, Governors, Ministers, etc. I had to represent my country Nigeria at the Miss University Africa pageant with other girls round Africa all at the age of 18years. It didn’t end there, I got healed of 16years chronic asthma, 14years short sightedness, 2years hipbone dislocation all without drugs or surgery all between 2010/2013. He has not stopped blessing me. Till date, as an ex queen, am invited to camp to share my story and testimony with other queens and God has been using me to touch life’s and pull them back to Him. Am 22 years now, and I have NEVER seen a better yesterday. I have been surfing on waves of Glory. God is still the same, yesterday, today and forever. Ever ready to surprise and favour those that choose to serve Him. He is too FAITHFUL to fail.
                      My family of stage with me after i won.
                    With the President of Gambia.
                    With the President of Liberia.
                                    In camp, during my handover.
        I love you but JESUS loves you more...
   JOANN ENE-ITA



5 comments:

  1. Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah !!!!! Hosssssaaaaaaannnnnnnaaaaaa. I love you Sis for sharing and blessing the world with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impactful, i know souls will learn from u and God will be praised because of your testimonies. Keep the fire burning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you darling!!so inspiring...thank God I met u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you darling so inspiring...thank God I met u

    ReplyDelete